create a shipping label (using ups)

lmhjcr
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have gone to the profile section and changed by shipping preferences to UPS so that  I print a shipping label for an item that I need to return via UPS.  I have always used USPS to create shipping labels for items I have sold on ebay or for other items I needed to ship and or return.  However, I have a package that is 35 pounds and is 19 x 21 x9 in dimensions and need to return it to the buyer via UPS.  I do have a UPS account that I created using the links from ebay to paypal and it is listed in the my profile section now as one of my shipping options.  So I selected that as the default option and tried to create a shipping label for a return using the multi-order shipping tool but apparently you cannot use the multi-order shipping tool to create labels for ups.  So how do I go about creating a UPS shipping label so that I can return this defective item to the seller?  I did check the page with the information on the purchase and there is no option to create a return shipping label so just how is one supposed to create a UPS shipping label?

Any assistance would be so very much appreciated.

TIA

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

needhelpnowship
Contributor
Contributor

Please someone help.  Having same problem today.  I am only given the option of USPS and need UPS also, have changed settings and started over.  I guess I am going to the UPS store now.  Need to be added to help section:-)

Login to Me Too

lmhjcr
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I don't know if this will be of any help to you or not.  But I did end up contacting paypal and found out that I could not use the multi-order shipping option to create UPS shipping labels.  

If you did follow the steps on ebay for being able to use UPS for one of your shipping options you need to wait until you get a confirmation email from UPS in order to start shipping via UPS.  It is only supposed to take a few days but it took at least a week before I got that email confirmation.  

I did find out that I could ship this item back to the seller via USPS even though it was 35 pounds.  I just created the shipping label using the USPS option and selected the large package option (not oversized) and put in the weight and as it turned out it cost me less to ship it via USPS than it did to ship it UPS.  And I did not have to find a place to take the package for shipment or wait till a UPS driver came by to give them the package.  

I hope this helps you out some and Good Luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.