OsCommerce and paying for purchases without a PayPal account

B_Way
New Community Member

Can anyone please tell me what the correct combination of settings/modules would be for using OsCommerce and PayPal allowing for guest purchases? I have tried Web Payments Standard  and Express Checkout. I have gone to Profile/Selling Preferences/Website Payment Preferences and enabled the PayPal Account Optional feature. But when a customer goes to checkout what they see when they get to PayPal is a copy of the invoice on the left and the option to log in or create an account on the right. There is no way to pay without an account. Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello B_Way,

Welcome to the Forums.

When you check out using Express checkout the option to pay for your customer would be to log into PayPal or create an account. If your customer would like to pay with Credit Card they would click on checkout, create an account and pay with their credit card. The reason behind using Express Checkout is to make using PayPal fast and easy. I hope this makes sense.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

jablazepro
New Community Member

So they can not pay without using paypal? I need solution to that.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello jablazepro,

Welcome to the Forums.  

You can accept PayPal payments from your website with Express Checkout. With Express Checkout, buyers shop on your website and click “Check out with PayPal” to pay. Buyers can pay faster because they don’t have to enter a shipping address, billing address, or payment information since it’s available from PayPal. Buyers are returned to your website to complete payment.

Buyers can also pay with a credit card by clicking pay with a credit card instead of clicking check out with PayPal.

I hope this makes sense.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.