Minimum Doation Amounts

JRDubya
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to read my question. I apologize if it has been asked before; I did look but couldn't find it.

When you create a Donate button it gives you two options for the amount, one is something like "User enters any donation amount" or "set donation amount."

Now, I understand the fees associated with a donation, but I'm curious if someone would be allowed to just donate $0.01 and then I'd get charged the 2.9%+.30, leaving me a net loss of about -$0.30. Is there a way to set a minimum of, say $1.00 in the "any amount" option or is my only prevention going to be setting an amount for donations?

Thanks again for your time,

JW

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

JRDubya
Contributor
Contributor

I'll try again to get this answered, sorry for bumping.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello JRDubya,

Unfortunately you can enter .01 for your donation amount, however I do not think many people would enter such a small amount. I do have a couple suggestions though - you can simply state below the donation button to please enter an amount more than $1.00 or you can add advanced variables in step 3when creating the button. If you do decide to add advanced variables you can stop by the PayPal Developer Forums and they many be able to assist you with how add variables to your button. I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.