Is this the way to do it? (newb here)

KSDeveloper

Im researching how to set up a paypal payment option for my already existing website.

Basically, I have a page where all the data is already gathered, and the payment total is calculated (via javascript).

The way we recieve payments now is to ask them to send a check for that amount with a confirmation number on it. An email comes to us saying ID xxx wants yyy and is sending $zz.zz (plus data / time / IP / etc...) . When / if we recieve a check, we match it up with the order. So far, this has worked very well. However, we do get requests to take paypal. Is there a way to have a buy it now button, and use the numbers I generate to modify the amount? Or am I going about this totally wrong?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

JeanneMeier
Contributor
Contributor

Is your site on a shopping cart system or just basic html?  Do you have a SSL?  Is your Pay Pal account a personal or business?

They allow you to configure nearly anything, IMHO if you are kind of new on web design and do not have a predesigned shopping cart and do NOT have a ton of products I would suggest going to the merchant tab in pay pal and creating an "add to cart" button or "buy it now" button, and copy/pasting the code into your page. Then your customers can click it, create a cart and pay you.

Login to Me Too

1bigbasslady
Contributor
Contributor

I too am a newbie, I just joined an affiliate program that gave me my own webpage to promote. But I am just setting up the payment option, they ask for my pay pal address in order to pay me. I'm not sure if it is that is the address that I  USE to log in to my paypal account.   Is this what I put in the box AS my pay pal account? I have seen others on this site have their name, or user name then a bottom line and the paypal  name. 

I sure could use some help quick, since I won't get paid untill this is filled out properly.  Please help another newbie get things going.

Login to Me Too

JeanneMeier
Contributor
Contributor

This would be YOUR email address. It  may or may not be the one that you log into Pay Pal with, if you have multiple emails associated with your Pay Pal account, but it would be your email and whatever email you want to receive payments at, that are tied to your Pay Pal account.

To better explain, I have several websites, and a Pay Pal email address for each one, but I log into PayPal only with my primary email. All of the payments go to the same place (my account).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.