How do I give customers the option of picking up the order (no shipping) and paying for shipping?

BOSSIAM
New Community Member

I have a business account and alot of my customers are local. How do I give them the option of not paying shipping if they pick it up. I have a standard business account.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ChambersPC
Contributor
Contributor

Very good question.  I racked my brains about this one for several days trying to do the same exact thing on my website, and I have found a solution.

For this to work  you must be using a Buy Now or Add To Cart PayPal button and have the form script in HTML (no encrypted buttons).

1.  Look at your button script.  Find the INPUT field that has name="shipping"

2.  Change the TYPE to read "radio" and at the end of that line add text "Ship My Item" with a break at the end.

3.  Now this line should read:  <input type="radio" name="shipping" value="1.95" /> Ship my item<br /> 

4.  Add another line just below that to read:  <input type="radio" name="shipping" value="0.00" /> Local Pickup

Save your form, open in a web browser and test it.

With the script above, the user will have the option to select EITHER local pickup OR Ship My Item.  If Local Pick Up is selected, no shipping charge will appear in the PayPal Checkout form.  If Ship My Item is checked, a $1.95 shipping charge will appear in the PayPal Checkout page.

Hope this was helpful.

Login to Me Too

jayreider
New Community Member

I tried adding the shipping input, but when used on the website it does not add any shipping charge to the cart. You said it can't be encrypted, but what does that mean. Also, if there was no shipping input field to begin with, is it okay that I added one? How do I get a shipping input field from the beginning?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.