Credit Card Options Buried Alive

iwrbcam
New Community Member

When using Merchant Services. a potential customer is directed to the Pay Pal site and presented with a "pay by PayPal or Pay by Credit Card Choice".

However, the display shows PAY WITH YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT AS GREAT BIG CHOICE!!!!! .... But the choice of paying by credit cards is shown as an itty bitty choice down in the footnote section that most of our customers don't see or recognize.

How can we get the CREDIT CARDS TO SHOW AS A BIG VIABLE ACTUAL REAL OPTION THAT THEY MIGHT RECOGNIZE?

This is a serious problem - we have lost several sales because of this. Lets face it, 99% of businesses use CREDIT CARDS NOT PAY PAL ACCOUNTS to pay for business expenses. Highlighting PAYPAL just makes them exit and go elsewhere.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello,

The 'Pay with your credit card' section is actually shown by default with PayPal Website Payments Standard.

However, if you have logged on to PayPal previously (and your browser thus has a 'paypal cookie') it will recognize this and adapt the checkout page accordingly.

In short, the functionality you're looking for is actually already how it works.

I hope this clears it up.

Regards,

Rob

----
For technical assistance with PayPal merchant product offerings, please file a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.