Beware! Before you set up a Paypal Shopping Cart, verify your merchandise with Paypal

rosesofmoney
Contributor
Contributor

Are you planning on having a Website Designed?  If so, are you planning on using the Paypal shopping cart?  Well, to save yourself a lot of headaches, and financial losses, you need to contact someone at Paypal and give them a list of the products you plan on selling off your website.  Because if you don't take the time to get a written approval from Paypal, you will be very unhappy to find out that Paypal won't let you use their shopping cart to sell your items. 

When we started designing the website my Website Designer suggested to me that we use Paypal Shopping Carts.  He has done a lot of sites in which he connected the Paypal shopping carts too.  My Website Designer was completely done with the site, all we needed to do was to go over all the content for errors.  Make sure the Prices were correct, and the correct graphics were connected to the right items, and each item that had options had the option buttons with the correct options. 

Then I received an email from Paypal telling me they had placed Restrictions on my Paypal  account  and I couldn't accept payments, send payments, etc.  I was shocked.  I actually didn't even know about the restrictions until I read a message from a customer who has purchased one of my auctions and when he tried to pay me by Paypal .  He wanted me to cancel the purchase since he couldn't pay by paypal.  That's when I went to the Paypal site and found out what was going on.  It took several days to remove all the Paypal Links off my new website.    I couldn't even do this myself because I didn't have the slightest idea how it was done so the Website Designer had to do all of it.    It was a nightmare because I was actively selling on ebay but I couldn't  accept Paypal payments.  Customers were getting upset and several canceled their orders.

So before you link Paypal to a new website make sure you verify with paypal that they approve of all items you plan on selling from the site.  Get it in writing.  I hope this message will save just one person from having to spend all the money I have had to pay my Website Designer to Program each item into the Paypal Shopping Cart and create all the links so the site worked properly, then to pay him again to go back and remove all the links.

Beware, and get approval before you plan on using the Paypal Shopping Cart on a New Website.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.