Switch from personal to business acount

Carmen617
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Set up a PayPal account under my business email a year or so ago in order to be able to take advantage of invoicing and payment options, but never really used it until the last month or so, with Covid-19 leading me to start offering remote services. I didn't even realize at the time that I set it up the account as a personal account, but, after about 30 transactions, I can tell that the reporting is completely insufficient for my needs. Specifically, I am using PayPal to invoice my clients for services, but only about 1/2 of my clients pay through the PayPal links - the rest just mail me checks. I can mark the invoice as paid, but then PayPal literally doesn't allow me to add that invoice to any statements or downloads.

Two questions - if I upgrade to a business account, will I have more robust reporting, so I can generate, say, a monthly sales report that shows everybody I have invoiced, who paid via Paypal and the fees I paid them,and who paid via a different method with no fees.

Secondly, I currently have multiple unpaid invoices, if I upgrade will those invoices migrate to my business account so I can manage them there? And what about the records of the invoices I have generated since I started using PayPal? Will those follow me to the business account?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.