Subscriptions pop-up no longer works - validation error

spacebiscuit
Contributor
Contributor

I recently setup a recurring payment plan for subscription which I plan to offer. I copied the code and added the buttons to my page which worked well and as expected.

Today I have returned to test this before going live, the pop now disappears as soon as it opens. I have checked the browser console and can see that the request to cartid returns a 400 error:

{ack: "contingency", contingency: "VALIDATION_ERROR", meta: {calc: "3114f8e8ea07d",…},…}

1. ack: "contingency"
    2. contingency: "VALIDATION_ERROR"

Any ideas what may be the cause of this, as mentioned it worked last week and no one has made any changes in the Paypal acount.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

adamoell
Contributor
Contributor

I am suffering the exact same experience - everything was working fine yesterday, and now I have this VALIDATION_ERROR. No changes to my integration code or PayPal account. I am working in the sandbox. I successfully create a pricing plan, incorporate in into the subscription button using createSubscription()... and when I click the button, the authorisation window pops up briefly before closing, and the calling JS button throws the VALIDATION_ERROR. 

Login to Me Too

adamoell
Contributor
Contributor

It's working again this morning, with nothing changed at all. I am assuming that the sandbox was having problems last night, in spite of the API Status page reporting that everything was fine.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.