Subscription dates

yebaws
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have subscription buttons on my website for annual subscriptions. The publication is produced and sent out in August.

Problem is that if somebody subscribes in, say, March they get their first issue in August, which is fine, but then each following year they are charged in March but don't get anything until August. Is there a way to set subscriptions up so that whenever the first payment is made, subsequent payments will be charged on a a date that I define?

Thanks,

Justin

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

allspark
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @yebaws,

Thank you for your question.

With our Subscription buttons, there isn't a way to define specific dates on when it will charge.

My suggestion would be to add a disclaimer on your website stating that this is an annual subscription and will be charged on the anniversary date on when they signed up and purchase your subscription. And that issues are sent out once a year in August.

That way your customers know what to expect.

Login to Me Too

yebaws
Contributor
Contributor

Hi allspark,

Thanks for the reply. Yes that would be the fallback, but better if I could avoid having to do that....

Regards,

Justin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.