Recurring Payments / Billing in Shopify

natalierivera81
Contributor
Contributor

I am having a heck of a time setting up recurring paypal payments.

First, I cannot find any actual information about how to ensure I have the ability to set up recurring payments in my paypal account.

Second, I am using Shopify and cannot believe that Shopify and PayPal don't play nice with subscriptions.

I am using ReCharge as an app within Shopify to handle my subscriptions / recurring billing. It works perfectly using Shopify Payments.

HOWEVER - here is the problem - because I have PayPal as a payment option in Shopify, when a customer checks out for a SUBSCRIPTION PRODUCT they still have the option to choose PayPal as a payment option... however, when they do, they get charged ONCE and then PayPal cancels their recurring billing because, well, it's not integrated.

Shopify says they can't remove the option to use PayPal as a checkout option.

So, the only solution is to get PayPal recurring payments working somehow through this ReCharge app (who claims this doesn't take place in their app because the actual payments are processed by Shopify.

Has anyone else sorted out this mess and figured out how to have a SUBSCRIPTION product in Shopify that will bill properly through PayPal?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.