PayPal Here Login Screen has forced rotation to portrait mode on tablet

NoBullPC
Contributor
Contributor

Since version 2.7.1 I have been trying to overcome a forced screen rotation to portrait mode.

No amount of adjusting, wiping, reloading, or purchasing new tablets per useless suggestions from support helps.

My POS was mounted in a very handy flip mount and worked beautifully till the application update passed 2.7.1

This seems like it should be a rather important issue to the development team but it still isn't corrected

Now 2.7.1 is to old to work at all.

My Question is this:

Does anyone out there have an android based (or Apple) tablet that stays in landscape mode throughout the entire login, product entry and customer charge out.

I would like to see if this function can be verified before I take any more steps

IF SO

Would you mind posting the make, model and version of PayPal Here you are running?

I have purchased 3 tablets in the last year and not buying another till I here a success story from a real world user.

Thank you to any and all for any assistance you give

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

reverendfuzzy
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using an Android (6.0.1) tablet, and I'm also getting the same issue.

My tablet is locked down on a desk stand, in landscape mode, and all is fine, except for any PayPal logins.

Not only does this happen on PayPal Here, but also on the PayPal Business app as well... as for any

other apps than the two, I can't swear to

It seems to be locked into portrait mode from the app itself, and not in any particular Android setting.

Would be nice if they'd fix this one simple issue, without getting 10,000 more inquiries, first.

Login to Me Too

NoBullPC
Contributor
Contributor

I completely agree that this issue needs fixed. It seems ridicules that this function was lost in development.

I have tried other tablets new and old with the same results.

I have not gotten my hands on an apple ipad to test it there but pretty sure it will be a fail.

I have been trying to find an app I can use to auto login so the sign in to PayPal can be done while the tablet remains mounted. 

So far I have not found one yet.

I have been considering other POS apps but I keep hoping development will get their proverbial thumbs out of their backsides

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.