Gambling Transactions- Provide a block mechanism

Nicbout30
New Community Member

Hi,

A relatively recent development is in my view very worrying. Paypal is now accepting transactions with Gambling/Gaming companies.

As a compulsive gambler, I am not against Gambling per say, I can understand that it is a fun activity for most. I belong unfortunately to a category of people who cannot gamble in a responsible manner, this is recognised as a disease, falling under compulisve disorders.

Most gaming sites provide a self exclusion mechanism, but it requires people to open accounts in order to work. Doing this on 100s of sites is simply not practical, and put gamblers at risk of relapse.

I think that Paypal should be able to provide a blocking mechanism for this type of transactions at the request of customers. From my point of view, as Gaming merchants need to register with Paypal through a special process, it should be feasible to add a flag against customer records so that transaction requests can be automatically declined.

This would make the life of suffering customers and their families much easier.

I would ask that Paypal members interested in this feature reply to this post, so that Paypal can see the interest and introduce the block feature.

Many thanks!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

ebbers20
Contributor
Contributor
As a compulsive gambler myself I think this would be a great idea, as this is my main gambling source as I have a cash only bank account.
Login to Me Too

LRLeather
New Community Member
Yes definitely should be a feature.
Login to Me Too

angel-lily
New Community Member

totally agree , i have a gambling addiction , yes there should be some type of blocking mechanism in place for gambling

Login to Me Too

rogertb
Contributor
Contributor

Totally agree or I will be thinking of cancelling my Paypal account

Login to Me Too

CSP_Muzza
Contributor
Contributor
This would be a really useful account option as I'm also a compulsive gambler and feel this would really help me in my recovery from this awful affliction. Below is the Gamcare Forum link. Maybe they could work in conjunction if they recognise their is enough demand. http://www.gamcare.org.uk/forum/
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.