why do i have to put bank info on here???

SSgt_Luke
New Community Member

when you go to finish up the account information why do you have to put bank account information on there???

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

skier
Advisor
Advisor

It's part of the verification process, PayPal requires you to prove who you say you are, after all, you're doing everything online and as you know, one can make up anything about themselves.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Kinipela
New Community Member

When my husband opened an account 5 months ago bank information was not needed.  You must be crazy to think I'm going to give out this information, for all I know this could be a bogus paypal site and before you know it my bank account has been emptied,  I have a credit card that you have the ability to verify and this should be enough.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

First - I'm not crazy

PayPal sets the rules, not me or the other Volunteer Forum members who try to help people who have questions.   If you don't like PayPal's policies, call their Customer Service Department as these folks get paid to listen to people like you.  We don't.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

brightair
New Community Member

skier,

I would love to talk with customer service but it is awfully difficult to find a number to call.

My credit card is suddenly constantly declined even though it is good.

I have been using it for years with paypal and elsewhere, suddenly it is not good enough for paypal, tho everyone else accepts it.

What is going on and why can't I get any answers or even anyone to talk to?

Any help is appreciated.

brightair

Login to Me Too

clc

I agree.....

Login to Me Too

Sput
Contributor
Contributor

there is a phone number, just click on customer service. it is not an 800 number tho.

Login to Me Too

kiela2009

i hope you hear it alot more

Login to Me Too

kiela2009

why do they need my bank acount to approve transactions that are under my credit limit on the CC i use with paypal. thats BS

Login to Me Too

kiela2009

i hope you hear it till it drives you even crazier than you alreadt are

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.