trouble linking paypal to my website HELP!!!

bg123
New Community Member

I am having a lot of trouble linking paypal with my website. My website is being hosted by storesonline.com, I have already added my paypal login email to my website but when I do a "test" transaction and try to pay, I get the following message; PayPal does not allow completion of payment in Preview mode, please try from the live site. My website has it's own shopping cart and add to cart buttons so if I add the paypal buttons each product will have two add to cart buttons, one from the website and another from paypal, please let me know how to properly do this.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunally your issue is with your website, not PayPal.  Have you contacted the the folks you are working with?

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

angelmiller
New Community Member

can you assist me in linking my paypal to my website to receive payments?

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

This link explains the basics.

You should also download the two guides listed below.  Both can be found here.

Merchant Setup and Administration Guide

Website Payments Standard Integration Guide

And you can find tutorials here.

Some other tips:  Ensure that you have either a PayPal Premier Account or a PayPal Business Account and that you sign up to use PayPal's Website Payments Standard.

And you can find lots of great info here.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

angelmiller
New Community Member

THANK YOU

Login to Me Too

Scarlett8888
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there.  You will need to go into your HTML code for your website and delete out one of the boxes.  Let me know if you need help with this and I can try to walk you through it.

Login to Me Too

Scarlett8888
Contributor
Contributor

I can try to help.  I also have a stores online website.  What you should do is price one of your products at $0.01 and do a test that way.  I had actually had a paypal rep help me way back when, and that is what she did.

As far as I know, you can't put a "pay now" button on individual products.

Have you published your site to the internet yet?  That process will take a couple of days to complete also.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.