envymebi
New Community Member

i need to stop payment to a seller my bank account wont have enough cash in it

Login to Me Too
90 REPLIES 90

david28494
Contributor
Contributor

this is sad to see people asking an honest question only to get rude responses from idiot people that respond. This is such a sad case to see this happening. Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

buddyboy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I took my time to write and try to help you, and this is the way you respond?? Who is the one being rude here????

The problem with you is you came to a forum with a statement DISQUISED as a question. And you wholly REFUSED to READ what you are being told, because you already KNOW ALL OF LIFE"S ANSWERS.

Bottom line is...it is impossible to get burnt with paypal by sending money to the wrong address, unless you didn't even realize it for 46 days, when it is TOO LATE to make a claim. HOWEVER, you acknowledged that you knew it right away, therefore none of what you say makes the slightest bit of sense.

Take it easy Pal....I am glad you lost the 350.00 because now I guarantee IT WONT HAPPEN TO YOU AGAIN.

Previous post:

Hello, Paypal payments are SENT TO and RECEIVED FROM EMAIL ADDRESSES. THAT IS THE VERY BASIS OF THE WHOLE BUSINESS. You were provided and email address to which to send your 1st payment. The moment you sent the payment, the funds were out of your account. When you were notified that the payment was not received, then you should have checked your paypal account immediately to verify the email address the first payment was sent to. If it was sent to the correct email address you should HAVE RECORDED THE TRANSACTION # AND SUPPLIED IT TO THE SELLER telling him that payment was already made and confirmed, and that he should SHIP THE GOODS. NO SECOND PAYMENT SHOULD EVEN HAVE BEEN MADE AND YOU SIMPLY CAN'T BLAME PAYPAL FOR THAT. NO OFFENSE, BUT ALL THE MONEY WAS OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT AND BY MAKING THE SECOND PAYMENT, YOU TOOK IT OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT AGAIN?????? WHO DOES THAT KIND OF THING????

Login to Me Too

tonyrusso
Contributor
Contributor

what happened was i saw a item that was not paid , so i paid for it  not realizing that the item was cancelled  so now i realized i paid for something that was long ago cancelled and now i need help in order to get the money  back 

Login to Me Too

bnnbruce
New Community Member

I clicked on the wrong button and did not give my credit card no. as my old one had expired.  The invoice was from Cheryl Booth, LifeSpirit.  I do wish to pay this invoice.  Please respond to my request.

Login to Me Too

foofoo
Contributor
Contributor

LindaR
New Community Member

Payment was made from a defunct account.    I have my new account on file as confirmed and primary.  However, I cannot remove the old account because there is a "pending action."   How can I stop that payment and insure payment is made from the correct account?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Deb
Contributor
Contributor

So how do you get your money back when PayPal sends it to the wrong person and refuses to help get it back? See my post "Help Needed - $350 Stolen from Me With PayPal's Assistance". I really need some help.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal can only send money to the email address YOU PROVIDE.  

If the payment was sent to an email address that is not registered then the sender can cancel it from the transaction details otherwise, if the transaction remains unclaimed for 30 days, it will be returned to the sender.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Deb
Contributor
Contributor

@skier wrote:

PayPal can only send money to the email address YOU PROVIDE.  

True, but in my case when I clicked on the button to send my payment, as it flashed by I saw it had reverted to the PREVIOUS seller. Nothing I did would stop that payment. And I've had to rely on the seller's (dis)honesty - they ripped me off for $350 and PayPal won't do a thing.

This is NOT an isolated case. I know of at least one other person this happened to but they were lucky enough to be dealing with an honest indivdiual.

Login to Me Too

bcochran

I know what you mean, paypal gets harder to use EVERY TIME THEY UPDATE.  I want to cancel a pending transaction but the site won't allow me and then If i do call their lovely 800 number I get someone who doesn't know what they are doing and doesn't speak english.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.