how do I send money without linking a bank account?

getindia
New Community Member

I tried to use the send money feature for the first time and my transaction wouldn't go through. a window poped up telling me I needed to add money to my paypal account. I wonder why it didn't use the credit card I have on my profile? I want to make a purchase using my credit card only. Why won't it let me do that? Any feedback on this is greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

retiredlady
Contributor
Contributor

I want an answer to that question also.   Why the heck is it taking the money from my checking account anyway?   I didn't realize I signed up for that....Please help!!!

Login to Me Too

canadajames
New Community Member

It's quite obvious that they won't let us do much of anything without linking our checking account.   It's not mandatory to set up an account and they tell you all you need is either a checking account or a credit card...but they won't let you send money without linking a checking account.   What if I don't have one or don't want to link it to my account?   I just want to use my credit card to pay for something.    Why don't they just tell you that you can't open a paypal account without linking a checking account...because you can't do crap with it if you don't?    And they won't answer this question anywhere on the site either.   

Login to Me Too

retiredlady
Contributor
Contributor

Does it say your bank account or a credit card must be linked or your bank account and a credit card?  I can't remember, and I've been to the site at least 10 times in the last couple days....I have a credit card already linked, what more do they want??  Oh well, I just thought PayPal would be easier, but it's causing me too much stress, so I'm going to pay off, and use something else...Good Luck

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.