help with shipping preferences

collegiatecrunc
Contributor
Contributor

I am selling bags of granola (13 oz each), on my blog, using paypal buttons. customers can purchase them in different quantities. basically, i want the customers to pay 100% of the shipping charges, which are, of course, based both on weight and the shipping zone (US 1-6) they are being sent to. 

in the paypal preferences, i have to specify shipping charges by STATE. if i want shipping charges to vary by weight and zone, do i have to go through manually and match up each state with its zone and then set up charges by weight? or is there a much easier way to do this?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunally your Account Profile Shipping calculations are limited.  You can setup a shipping method based on states however, at the present time there is no way to setup zones like USPS.   For each method, you are limited to 5 fee ranges and you must manually figure out what those fees will be based on your costs.  Note, also at the present time there are no links to any of the shipping services databases and Zip Codes are only used to calculate sales tax.

Bottom line, if you require accurate shipping costs, you should go with a 3rd party shopping cart.  Many carts have direct links to the major shipping services.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

countrypines
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.  Were you ever able to figure out how to get the shipping calculator to work using product weight and zipcode ?

I am stumped.  And can't seem to find an easy solution.  Any help would be appreciated.

www.countrypinesgifts.com

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.