do i have to transfer funds from my bank?

aspire89
Contributor
Contributor

i need to know if i have to transfer funds from my bank account to my paypal to buy things through paypal. i havent tried anything yet because i dont want to have to deal with the delay if  i have to first but i want to go to ebaay.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

No you don't have to.  Paypal will debit the checking account you have on file with them.....

But it is always better to fund internet purchases with a credit card.  Some "branded: credit cards (visa /MC) offer buyer protection as well.

The e-check from your checking account will take 48-72 hours to clear, so the seller is told by paypal not to ship until the e-check cleares

Login to Me Too

fdbs10
New Community Member

Does this work the same when not ordering off of ebay?

Login to Me Too

aspire89
Contributor
Contributor

thanks you answered very quickly...........but i dont have a credit card and all the prepaid ones ive bought have gotten expensive and if the amount is more than the card paypal wont seperate it between two cards. ive just gotten mybank account like two weeks ago.Smiley Happy

true story: i went out one evening to get a card for $25 b/c i didnt want to go over that on my bid, unfortunatly i went 26 and had to buy another $25 card. i put both on paypal but it wouldnt split  the bill. i ended up paying my sister $30 so i could use her debit/credit card and almost lost one card and couldnt find it for a week.  other than the internet i dont normally use cards.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.