Why doesn't PayPal Shipping include the option for Priority Mail SMALL FLAT-RATE Boxes?

BaileyQuestion
Contributor
Contributor

Why doesn't PayPal Shipping include the option for Priority Mail SMALL FLAT-RATE Boxes on the shipping options for USPS?

I mail small items and will be almost exclusively using the SMALL Priority Flat-Rate Box.

The only current option for a Priority Flat-Rate Box is "Medium" through the PayPal Shipping Center.  So, my only current option is to choose, "Priority  Mail", then choose "Package", then enter the dimensions, and ship, which can end up costing more than the flat rate.

THE PROBLEM is that the package is subject to weight and zoning, and can cost more than the Flat-Rate.   I choose to use PayPal for the convenience of it being connected to Ebay, and also for the free Delivery Confirmation.

My 2nd PROBLEM is that if I ship directly through the USPS website, it costs more, because I have to pay for the Del. Confirmation.

I'm stuck....please help. 

Thanks!!!

Login to Me Too
66 REPLIES 66

auntbetty

Simply select Priority mail, then package/thick envelope for size - next it will ask for dimensions,  and if you type in a box roughly equal to the small flat rate box or even the USPS media box that is slightly larger and stay under 1 pound they only charge, $5.24.

I tried this and my postal clerk said that if you are using a FLAT-RATE SMALL BOX then the label must say FLAT-RATE SMALL BOX also.

Login to Me Too

7dime
Contributor
Contributor

Now I'm using USPS website and pay for $4.85 including free delivery confirmation, would take a little more time, but get the correct label.   

Login to Me Too

Piglet
New Community Member

I simply want to be one more voice in the strong need for PayPal to offer flat rate small box postage for our eBay shipments.  Maybe if they receive repeated and numerous requests from their customers, that the power in numbers theory will work.  If you read this, write your own request--let's get this resolved sooner rather than later!  Pay Pal--are you listening?

Login to Me Too

southernstarr
Contributor
Contributor

I defintely agree we have to stay on them to let them know we are Very serious about this !! thats the only way we can get them to listen to us so please start flooding their email address with our request ! Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

chippergroup
Contributor
Contributor

Just wanted to join in the voicing of frustration that papal doesn't offer the small or large flat rate boxes option!!! This is a SERIOUS inconvenience to say the least as I use paypal for my web site & eBay! YOU GUYS (PAYPAL) NEED TO GET THIS HANDLED WAY BEFORE THE FALL!!! HOW HARD CAN IT BE-I RUN MY OWN WEB SITE & CAN MAKE CHANGES IN A MATTER OF MINUTES/HOURS! THIS IS IMPORTANT TO SO MANY OF US!!!! PLEASE PRIORITIZE THIS ONE!!!!! THE FACT THAT IT'S IN THE TOP DISCUSSIONS BOARD SHOULD JUST PROVE HOW MANY OF US ARE FRUSTRATED BY THIS!!!!! Thanks

Chipper Group

Login to Me Too

stratcat250
Contributor
Contributor

Hasn't anyone read sara_g's post here dated 1-25-2010? I followed her instructions and I am now shipping with small flat rate priority boxes. This however won't help the guy who's using PayPal on his website.  It would only work with ebay shipping.

Login to Me Too

chippergroup
Contributor
Contributor

I appreciate the help, but the point of my post was for paypal to read it & realize how frustrating this restriction is. Thanks to everyone that have posted solutions to navigating around this problem 😄 I just hope that paypal chooses to alter their site to suit the needs of it's paying customers. Taking our suggestions shows that they appreciate our business & are willing to change with the times. I realize that the small flat rate is new, however the large flat rate is not & that should have been added a long time ago! 

Login to Me Too

MayasMommie
Contributor
Contributor

I use PayPal for transactions other than ebay, so it is highly inconvenient that I cannot use all available flat rate options through this site...I do not understand why this has been such a problem to include the small and large box options....weird.

Login to Me Too

bob144
New Community Member

I've been using the Click 'N Ship option on the USPS.GOV website. Small flat-rate is $4.85 with delivery confirmation. It takes a little more time.

Login to Me Too

themediabayer

I mail small flat rate boxes all the time with nothing more than a flat rate envelope label on them. Never had a bit of trouble.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.