Turning off shipping calculator

Tunelady
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! Not new to PayPal, but new to online selling other than E-bay (unfortunately for them...). Wondering how I can turn off the shipping calculators so my customers in the new store won't be charged for shipping twice? The new store automatically charges, also. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

By default, there are no shipping methods enabled within your PayPal Account unless "you" setup a shipping method.   Basically with 3rd party shopping carts, they can calculate their own shipping fees and pass this data to the PayPal Screens however, these carts normally use the shipping override variables.  In order for the shipping overide variables to function properly, you must have at least one shipping method setup in your Account Profile and then you also must have the shipping override feature enabled within your Account Profile.  Bottom line, I'm not sure how you are seeing double charges.   We would need to see an example of what is going on.  Do you have at least one shipping method configured in your account profile and do you have the override feature enabled?

How to check to see if you have the shipping override enabled.

Note, you have to have at least one shipping method setup for the shipping override variables to be recognized.   If you don't have at least one shipping method setup, you must set one up first.

* Next to your name, select Edit Profile.
* Under Selling Preferences, select Shipping Calculations.
* Under Domestic Shipping Methods, check the Shipping Method Box
* Click on View
* On the next page, look for "Override Shipping Methods Per Transaction".   It should be "ON"
* If not, you need to Edit your settings.
* Look for "Use the shipping fee in the transaction instead of my calculator's settings:"
* Select "Yes"
* Save changes

Regards,

skier

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You need to provide a bit more info here.   What is the new store you are referring to?   Is this a 3rd party shopping cart?   Do you have a shipping method already setup in your PayPal Account Profile?

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Tunelady
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying. I'm starting up a store in eCrater. They have their own automatic shipping calculator, so I will not need to use PayPal's. Please excuse my newness - really have only used PayPal for less than 25-30 individual items sold on Ebay in the past, so have not had to set up stores before. I was told there was a way to "turn off" the shipping calculator in PayPal so customers are not getting charged twice for shipping. Thanks for your help!

Tunelady

Login to Me Too
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

By default, there are no shipping methods enabled within your PayPal Account unless "you" setup a shipping method.   Basically with 3rd party shopping carts, they can calculate their own shipping fees and pass this data to the PayPal Screens however, these carts normally use the shipping override variables.  In order for the shipping overide variables to function properly, you must have at least one shipping method setup in your Account Profile and then you also must have the shipping override feature enabled within your Account Profile.  Bottom line, I'm not sure how you are seeing double charges.   We would need to see an example of what is going on.  Do you have at least one shipping method configured in your account profile and do you have the override feature enabled?

How to check to see if you have the shipping override enabled.

Note, you have to have at least one shipping method setup for the shipping override variables to be recognized.   If you don't have at least one shipping method setup, you must set one up first.

* Next to your name, select Edit Profile.
* Under Selling Preferences, select Shipping Calculations.
* Under Domestic Shipping Methods, check the Shipping Method Box
* Click on View
* On the next page, look for "Override Shipping Methods Per Transaction".   It should be "ON"
* If not, you need to Edit your settings.
* Look for "Use the shipping fee in the transaction instead of my calculator's settings:"
* Select "Yes"
* Save changes

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Tunelady
Contributor
Contributor

So where do I send the coupon for the free steak dinner?????Smiley Very Happy  Thanks so much!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.