Trnsfering from bank account to paypal to another bank account

John369
Contributor
Contributor

I did this recently, and the transaction is supposedly complete, since the transaction from paypal to the other account is listed as such. However, the bank account itself does not reflect this. My money is stuck in limbo, it seems. How do I go about fixing this?

Many thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

skier
Advisor
Advisor

When you transfer funds from your PayPal Account to your bank account, you should receive a "completed" message in your Account Transaction History. The "completed" message means that PayPal has completed their end of the deal by transferring the funds to your bank. The next step is up to your bank as to how long it takes for it to show up in your account. Normally the time frame for US Banks is 4 "business days". Note some US Banks can take longer and "business days" do not include weekends or holidays. As for other countries, Canadian banks can take up to eight business days. UK banks can take up to nine working days and Australian banks can take seven to eight working days.

There's nothing you can do to fix this. Interesting enough, one can contact their bank and the bank will say the time delay is on PayPal's end and you should contact PayPal. And of course PayPal will say the opposite. Of course there is a network in between and what most folks don't realize, many times transfers are done in batches or run at various intervals both on the bank side and the PayPal side. People think that just because they press the submit button, everything instanly happens. That's not always the case.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

John369
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, I thought that Paypal notified it as complete when it was fully so, on both ends. Thanks for clearing that up.

Regards, and thanks

Login to Me Too

Bon
New Community Member

i encountered a similar problem i transfered money from my bank account to paypal and it has been taken from my bank account the day after i set it up, but yet has taken more than 4 business days to clear thru paypal? i have had other transactions clear the next day, n now this one is still pending even tho the money was taken from my account already n i have looked every where on paypal for some way to contact paypal to try to get this question answered but i can nit find any way to contact paypal to try n figure out y n account that has been verified n used recently but now am having a problem receiving funds from transfers? i unbderstand the waiting policy but if the money has already been taken from my account y is it taking so long to clear via paypal?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.