Paypal gave seller an incorrect shipping address

ruthie724

Hi.

I purchased an item on eBay and immediately paid w/papal.  I was out of town and the seller didn't contact me but instead shipped the item to an address that papal had said was my preferred address.  Turns out it is an address where I had previously had an item sent (about 1 year ago).  My paypal account looks correct, with my home address as my shipping address, and there is an alternate address book which lists other addresses where I have shipped items in the past, which is obviously where the incorrect address came from...help!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

What address does eBay show. 

Login to Me Too

ruthie724

ebay shows my correct home address also

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

What address does the Paypal e-mail advising of shipping show.

Login to Me Too

ruthie724

It shows it being sent to an address that I sent a package to about a year ago...I contacted the seller and she said that is the address that paypal suggested she send it to.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like a glich with paypal.

Log into you account and see what address paypal has as the default (confirmed) address.

This doesn't sound like a seller error. So don't take it out on him/her.

Who lives at the other address.  That person can refuse the package and it will be returned to the seller.  The seller then can ship it to you.  The seller may ask you to repay the shipping cost.

Or just have the person at the other address send it to you.

Login to Me Too

ruthie724

I checked my default address and it is correct.  I believe it is a problem with paypal, but how do I get it corrected?  I feel that paypal needs to pick up the shipping charges.  And my second concern is that I use paypal for many vendors to send gifts, flowers, etc.  How do I make sure this doesn't happen again?  I really don't need all my purchases going to my mother-in-law's assisted living facility...

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Who lives at the other address

Login to Me Too

ruthie724

My college roommate.  She's in Denver & I'm in Chicago.  The item is a piece of crystal that was insured.  It's also one-of-a-kind.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.