Paypal Plus website - can't access account info

Insanity
New Community Member

I am in a total bind and can't use my Paypal Plus credit card to pay for Ebay purchases.  I go to the website to pay off my balance and am informed that the payment is "scheduled".  Every time I've payed online before, I got a confirmation number & email immediately.  Now, almost 36 hours later, the payment is still in "scheduled" status. Customer service keeps telling me they are in the process of "migrating" the website and I just have to wait a few days.

Also, I cannot access my statements.  And I got an email about 5 minutes ago telling me my "online statement is ready to view".  What a joke, as I still can't access it.

I am frustrated that I have to wait for my payment to finalize, frustrated that I can't pay my seller the $ I owe, frustrated that customer service keeps telling me I just have to wait to pay the seller because if I try to pay before they fix things, then the payment probably wont go through.  This isn't a small purchase - it's more than $1000.  How does this make me look to the seller?  The seller could cancel the sale if they were so inclined.

I'm beginning to think I should call the BBB or file some online consumer complaints.  I'm beginning to think that Paypal Mastercard/GE is going bankrupt or something.  This is RIDICULOUS!!!!!

Last month I found an unauthorized charge on my statement, so they said they needed to reissue a new card with a new number - and I had to wait 10 days before I could use the account.  When the new card finally came and I called to authorize it, I asked if I needed to go to my Paypal account and delete the old number and add the new.  They said that wasn't necessary since the card is linked to Paypal and will automatically update the info.  So what d'ya think happened next?  A few weeks later I try to pay for an Ebay purchase only to discover the old number was still in and the new one wasn't and nothing I tried could fix it.  I called, talked to 5 customer reps in a row before I got one to understand they needed to fix it ("oh no, it is linked, you don't have to do anything"  "that's how it's supposed to be but it ISN'T - PLEASE HELP ME CORRECT IT".)  No kidding, I was on the phone for over 2 hours.  They were all nice though a little dense ("there is no problem"   "then why am I calling you?"  "did I answer all your questions?"   "No - you didn't answer them or even admit that I had a question").  Finally the last guy got it all sorted out even though it took forever.

But now it is like my account is frozen or something.  My bank has already paid them the balance and yet it is still "pending" and "scheduled" for completion in the future.  It's ridiculous.

How do I explain this to my seller who I am now 2 days late paying?  

Does anyone have a clue what the heck is going on??  This is a nightmare, is taking a ridiculous amount of time - to no avail, and I have no idea how to fix it.

Is Paypal/Paypal Plus/GE going thru a complete failure?  How could it be possible that they suddenly disable my account and totally **bleep** up the website?

Help!!!!!  Please advise ASAP.

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

vintagemom
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for responding to my topic.  I finally can link to my account info as it should be, but it took awhile to convince the person I was explaining the problem to to realize what the real problem was-nothing that any of us had thought.  Now it's ok-hope it stays this way.  I don't know how long I will continue selling on ebay for several reasons-but hopefully this fix will stay fixed.  Thank you again.

Login to Me Too

DiveKennene
New Community Member

Vintagemom,  I beg you, what phone # did you call to actually speak to a human.  I haven't been able to get through to anyone and I am really getting frustrated with this thing.  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.