Payment on Temporary Hold, Not Ebay

wisteria
New Community Member

I've just read the thread regarding a payment for Ebay goods that has been put on temporary hold.

However, the same thing has happened to me today - except that the shop is not an Ebay seller. My payment is in limbo.  It's apparently left my PayPal account and will be withheld for 21 days - or sooner if the merchant 'accepts' my payment beforehand!  Eh?  I don't understand this at all.  What if the merchant refuses to accept my payment, having been scared off by PayPal's incomprehensible policy to put a hold on all payments from my account?   

Never in all the 8 years I've used Paypal, for both personal and business use, has anything like this happened before. It must be a very recent policy to clamp down on account holders in this way.

If it's not PayPal's policy per se, then is it possible that the seller is refusing to accept payments until after the holiday period?  Having said that, I'm unaware of any such function in the PayPal merchant account which would enable a  'holiday' function.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.