Reply to topic
Kudos: 0
Accepted Solutions: 0

My bank account has been charged twice for the same item

I bought a ring from a seller totaling $11.24. I paid and then received a notice stating that she had used the wrong PayPal account and would I back out of the payment and pay again, which I did. She stated that PayPal didn't recognize her account because she made an error in typing out her account. My bank account has been charged twice for a total of $22.48. Since then, I have been sent an invoice for $10.24 offering a discount for any inconvenience this may have  caused me. I canceled the invoice of 10.24 stating I appreciated the discount, but really need my account to be credited. The seller is very confused and there seems to be a language barrier. She doesn't seem to know what to do. She has since sent another invoice for 4.24 which I have told her I was not going to pay until I received a proper credit to my bank account or PayPal. She told me to contact my bank (what are they going to do) or PayPal to get the problem resolved. I have tried to file a resolution, but the automated system will not recognize my transaction since the payment has been canceled and it appears I have not paid for it. I can not get through PayPal and the seller is oblivious to the process. I have contacted her and told her it is her responsibility to contact PayPal to get the problem resolved. I will end up the loser because she has the item and I am down $22.48 for a cheap ring that I have not received. It is merely impossible to get through to PayPal with a problem that does not match their cookie cutter set of "problems". What a pain.

0 Kudos
Kudos: 0
Accepted Solutions: 0

Re: My bank account has been charged twice for the same item

Anyone help me here? Here is the reply I got to the above situation.

I'm sorry ,but first Don't Angry . when i wrote you last mail before,i hope i can help you to solve this problem .i asked Paypal about this questions ,but they told me this questions should be asked by the Account memmeber because i don't know the details about the account and can't speack clearly.They told me if they money do not pay out,it won't be lost.so i'm really sorry.you can give Paypal a phone,then you know all the status.Thank you.so so sorry caused any inconvenience.Thank you

I can not call PayPal, it is automated. I cannot file a dispute because I canceled the transaction and it shows as if I did not pay. I canceled twice, but it was debited from my bank account twice and I did not get credited on my PayPal balance. I see absolutely no way of getting around this other than paying again, then filing a dispute. Maybe then I can get a human on the other end or a question that fits into their pre-prepared set of questions. This is ridiculous.

Please, can anyone offer a suggestion.

0 Kudos
Announcements
If you are using Internet Explorer 8 take note. We’ll upgrade our communities in July and if you are using IE8 you won’t have a fully functional experience. Please upgrade your browser to Internet Explorer 9, 10 or 11. There will be no changes to your community experience if you are using IE 9, 10, 11, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
Welcome, guest
Top Kudoed Authors