How does my credit card work with my bank account?

ronderg
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I usually use my bank account to pay ebay stuffs. Last time I purchased an item which need to pay about $200, I only have $50 or so in my bank account, then I added a credit card in my PayPal and it was confirmed. When I check out, PayPal told me if there is no enough fund in my bank account, they will charge to my new credit card. This was last Friday. However, Monday morning, when I checked my bank account, the number is $-170 or so, bank is going to charge me $20 for overdraft. I went to the bank and explained everything, they helped me to link to my credit card in order to return the $20 overdraft charge. So how does PayPal handle the transaction later?  Am I still in trouble? Should I call them now or just wait to see? It is not supposed to be so complicated, is it?

If anybody knows the answer, please respond quickly. This is my first time using credit card on PayPal. I am not going to use it anymore.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ronderg
Contributor
Contributor

Need to correct that I paid on last wednesday, not Friday.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.