How can I get PayPal to correct a shipping label issue?

RJ
Contributor
Contributor

When I pay to ship 1oz "PARCELS", according to the PayPal site all is well with one exception. The label does not state that the item is a "FIRST CLASS PARCEL" it only says First Class. The problem that arises is that some Post Office workers try to charge the buyer upwards of 3 to 4 dollars more postage. This issue is costing me money and business. I have contacted PayPal before about this issue and they were not interested enough to respond. Why is the heck is it so hard to get whoever is in charge to the program to say First Class Parcel? I am seriously considering using another shipping method because of this issue, any suggestions? Thanks All

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

!st class and 1st class parcel are the same and same price.

1st class items must be at leasst 3/4 of an inch thick at some part of the enevelope.

Adding a few packing peanuts usuall takes car eof this and doesn't up the weight.

If it's isn't 3/4 thick at some area of the package, then the post office considers it as priority mail and will bill the buyer when the packet is delivered.

This is what it sounds like the p.o. is doing to some of your packets

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Again the problem is the thickness of your packets.  Doesn't matter who you use to print the shipping, the same thing will happen if it isn't at least 3/4 of an inch

Login to Me Too

RJ
Contributor
Contributor

I know WHY they do it and I shouldn't have to add anything to the packet when the issue could be corrected simply if only someone in charge would use alittle grey matter. When I check the box that says "parcel/thick envelope" and pay the parcel rate the label should say it's a parcel simple as that. How hard can it be to add 1 simple word and correct the issue?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.