Contributor
Contributor

Is there a category for a handling fee

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Any time you use the "handling" variables, the value is always listed under Shipping & Handing.  There is no separate category specifically for "Handling".     Here's one example of how the "handling_cart" variable work.   And here's another example.

Notes concerning the use of the "handling_cart" variable and the "handling" variable.   The "handling_cart" variable is used with Add to Cart Item Buttons and unlike "shipping" and "shipping2" it's value applies to the entire shopping cart.   The value will only be applied one time.   You can include the "handling_cart" variable with multiple item buttons but, it will only be applied by the first button thats selected.   All other selections will be ignored for that shopping session.   Should you use different values for this variable, depending on which one is applied first, the Shipping amount displayed may be different than expected.

The "handling" variable is used with Buy Now Item Buttons.   With either variable, "handling_cart" or "handling", the value will be included with the Shipping amount on the PayPal Screens and not displayed as a separate line item.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

johngay
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Skier, however I must be a little blind.  I would like there to be a handling (shipping and handling) fee on 4 of the 5 items  and a different processing fee on a cheaper item.

I don't see how you can have a 3.00 fee on the first one and a lesser amount on the 2nd, and 3rd.

John.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

With Website Payments Standard, what you have in mind is really not possible as you cannot change the way the "handling" variables are intended to work.

If you want to totally control what the customer sees and have an itemized checkout page per your requirements, then you need to use Website Payments Pro.   With Pro, the customer never leaves your web page or site and the credit card processing is done behind the scenes.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.