HTML to connect Website to PayPal Account

Bud-THEME
New Community Member

OK, gang, here's my sad story:

Had a guy who volunteered to build my website.  He did, then left town for CA and I have not heard from him in years.

He set up our PayPal account to accept payments from the webiste, but he set it up in my PARTNER's name.  So I can only do so much with the account without being him.  And PayPal won't let me change the "Merchant Name."  They say I have to cancel the account and set up a new one.

BUT... I do not know how to change the link in our website so that it sends money to a NEW PayPal account.

I think I found the place in the HTML code where that happens, but I am deathly afraid to change anything lest I **bleep** up the website, as this is an active business.  And of course, I cannot locate the guy who built the website.

(Of course, PayPal won;t let me put the suspected HTML code in here.)

Any and all insights/suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,
Bud

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

All you need to do is change the "business" variable value to email address that is associated with your new PayPal Account.   As I don't know anything about your current web site, how it's coded, is it a 3rd party cart, etc., one can only assume that you can view the source code of your item buttons.  What you must do is look at the individual item button code for a line that looks similar to this example:

<input type="hidden" name="business" value="youremail@youremail.com">

You need to change the "value" to equal the same email address you use to login to your new PayPal Account.  That the basics to at least get your item button code connected to your new PayPal Account.

Some other tips: 

Ensure that you new PayPal Account is either a Premier or Business Account and that you sign up for PayPal's Website Payments Standard.

Regards,

skier

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

All you need to do is change the "business" variable value to email address that is associated with your new PayPal Account.   As I don't know anything about your current web site, how it's coded, is it a 3rd party cart, etc., one can only assume that you can view the source code of your item buttons.  What you must do is look at the individual item button code for a line that looks similar to this example:

<input type="hidden" name="business" value="youremail@youremail.com">

You need to change the "value" to equal the same email address you use to login to your new PayPal Account.  That the basics to at least get your item button code connected to your new PayPal Account.

Some other tips: 

Ensure that you new PayPal Account is either a Premier or Business Account and that you sign up for PayPal's Website Payments Standard.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Bud-THEME
New Community Member

Dear skier,

THANK YOU!  I thought that was where it was, but i couldn't believe that it would be as simple as changing the e-mail address.

I appreciate you taking the time to write.

Bud

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.