Cant add a debit card to either of my accounts

rogerburch
Contributor
Contributor

Im having trouble adding my debit card to either two of my paypal accounts. this is strange to my though, because i've never had this problem before. I just purchased an item with my paypal account 2 weeks ago and had no problem, But last night i tried to pay through paypal and it wouldn't let me pay on either of my accounts. I only have to accounts, so i deleted one of them and reopened, and tried to add my card, It said " this card is already assigned to another account". So i figured it was assigned to my other account but when i logged in and tried to use the card from that account it gave me the same message. So i can';t figure out why seeing that i only have to accounts. And i just used my card two weeks ago with no problems. Can someone please help me i need to use this card.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You need to contact Customer Service as they are the only ones who can look at your Account and advise.

US/Canada
1 - 888 - 221 - 1161
or
1 - 402 - 935 - 2050

4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM PST Monday through Friday
6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM PST Saturday and Sunday

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

rogerburch
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

OldOwl

Mine is a related problem, but I don't know if it stems from the same source.  I have used Ebay successfully for many years, having my credit card linked for payment to my PayPal account.  Last week, while trying to complete a payment transaction, I was blocked from doing so, and advised that I could no longer utilize my credit card to back up my PayPal account, b/c I had reached a theoretical "spending limit.."  I was required to open a new credit line billing itself as "Paypal Plus" credit card.  I had to give out all of my confidential information to this "service," and when I tried to use the new credit link,  after a few transactions, I started receiving phone calls from this company inquiring about fraudulent charges, and limited my purchases to under $500.00.  Each time I would call, to try to lift my credit limit, I was required to give out more confidential information, and new limitations and rules were applied to my use of credit through this "service."  They insist that they are legitimate, but they have a different number from PayPal (the company associated with Ebay), and they don't seem to communicate at all with Ebay's PayPal, other than to intercept credit and confidential information.  The most I could ascertain from them is that they are called GE financial, and they close out any and all other options for participating with Ebay.  When I finally realized what was going on, I was able to contact the REAL PayPal, and they immediately restored my original credit card as default payment for my purchases, and I was able to successfully complete my transaction.  It took me at least 2 1/2 hours on the phone to get this all sorted out.  I am steaming!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.