Can't Straighten Out PayPal Account

oldefoxx
New Community Member

PayPal worka well to buy items on PayPal and get them shipped soonest, and gives another layer of protection past what a credit card alone offers.  In fact, with a credit card behind it, you have two layers of protection if a deal goes bad.   And PayPal is being picked up and used in a lot more places online, so that advantage gets spread around.

But, that is the good side.  There are some bad sides too.  First, it's continued efforts to get you to give a Bank Account number.  Then they have free access to your bank accout, and can directly extract what they need without any consideration of your other obligations. You might end up short on other bills, and incur expenses if any checks bounce.  Why do they do this?  Probably to try and avoid paying out a percentage of what they take in from transactions with the credit card companies.  Away around this wuld be to have their own credit card, which they do, but still there is a lot of insistence on giving them access to your bank acount.  I just won't do thaxt.

Another problem is your account management.  I had tp cancel my primary card when I feared it migh have been compromised elsewhere, and added the replacement card to my account, but could not remove the original, nor even designate the new card as my primary .  Now on most transactions, you get a chance to designate which method of payment to use with PayPal, but I ran into a seller that did not include that option, so I got stuck with a buy made and no way to pay for it via PayPal.  The seller sent me and PayPal a bill, and I was able to use the one sent me to get it paid, only then being gived a chance to change how to pay.

Trouble is, the bill from the sender is now lodged in my account, along with another transaction showing that I paid that amount to the seller.  So now it looks like I own that amount to the seller again, and have not paid it yet.  This is just flat wrong, and what is worse, with what it regards as an unsettled bill against me, PayPal will not let me make any changes to the way my credit cards are listed or designated to be used.  Seems when I triad to pay that bill the time with a different card on file, the creditor refused it.  My wife explained this by saying that we had a number of different cards from some ot the creditors,

and some cut off access via cards that had not been used for awhile in an effort to cut back on consumer debt, so maybe I had one of the cards on file that got cancelled.

Noq during this long ordeal, I tried to contact PayPal by email.  I got to put a sentence in, but it got kicked back by the site as not matchable to topics on file.  Never found a way to create an email and get it sent.  It was a pain in the but, but I decided that if I could just get something on file in the community, it would not be ignored completely.

If you have had similar problems or worse, you might want to speak up as well.  You know, there is another product that I use that gets a lot of complaints which is called IncrediMail.  But there is no place to file a report or make a complaint on its site,

and I finally just filed my own on the CNET forums that have have hundreds of complaints there against IncrediMail.  At leat PayPal indicates it wants to hear from you, but what good it will do is hard to say.  They sure don't make it easy.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.