Auction Payment Transfer With Routing Code

unohoo
Contributor
Contributor

I have a routing code and no way of getting information to verify it is real.  Paypal email notification was sent letting me know money was being transfered from buyer . . . I havent seen anything now for 5 days. I have a tracking code but no useful informaton was given on how to apply it to my advantage. can anyone help?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

tr_right
Contributor
Contributor

Are you sure the email was actually from paypal and not a fake email?

Login to Me Too

unohoo
Contributor
Contributor

How can I know it is fake if paypal does not answer emails related to this issue.

Login to Me Too

tr_right
Contributor
Contributor

I use Iconix, it shows an icon next to each email that confirms the source of the sender... paypal also offers email authentication.   I don't know how that's different, but it is supposed to tell you whether or not an email is from paypal or not.

here's the paypal link for the security tools I mentioned:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/securitycenter/general/FreeTools

Login to Me Too

tr_right
Contributor
Contributor

Bah!

I see now it asks you to log in if you visit that link.  SORRY! I know how links to sign into your paypal account can seem fishy.

Here's how to access the tools:

Just go to your paypal account on your own (without the link I provided), go to Security Center (at the top right of the page), then the link for Security Tools (near the bottom of the page).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.