Add to Cart Botton

midipro1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello forum,

Is it possible to change the code somewhere in the "ADD TO CART" botton, so that the customer is not taken to the shopping cart and use the "CONTINUE SHOPPING" from there?

I'd like  for the customer to add items to the cart and stay on the site he/she is on. When done, the customer will click on "Checkout" and then, taken to the shopping cart.

Thank you in advance

midipro1

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunately not with PayPal's Website Payments Standard as there are not features or options to support what you have in mind.   When a customer adds something to the shopping cart, they are taken to the PayPal Screen where they can see the results.  From there, they have to option to Edit what they have done, Continue Shopping, Cancel or Proceed to Checkout.   This behavior is by design.

If you want totally control the customer shopping experience, then you you would need to use PayPal's Website Payments Pro.

* Website Payments PRO costs $30/month plus transaction fees.
You need a PayPal Business account and you interact with the PayPal engine via API calls. Pro is designed for your customer to have the option to pay with credit card and stay on your site. The customer completes the transaction on your site, they are not redirected to PayPal to complete the payment. This method gives you control over the customer experience and you are responsible for storing the customer's credit card information. Note, you will also be required to meet current Payment Card Industry or PCI compliance standards. Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) are network security and business practice guidelines adopted by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card, and JCB to establish a "minimum security standard" to protect customer’s payment card information. This is a requirement for all merchants that store, transmit, or process payment card information. Pro is currently only available to US, UK and Canadian Accounts.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

midipro1
Contributor
Contributor

skier, before I go on with the subject, let me say thank you for your answer on this matter. You seem to be very active on the forum and very helpful to everyone. I know you can fix everybody's issues, especially when you have no control over the coding and whatnot. But, from what I read on other replies from you, to others, everybody should be thankful for the kind of support you provide.That's the least, each and everyone of us should do. Just so you know, I greatly appreciate it.

For the reply you provided, WPP it's a good solution. I do need to look into the "PCI compliance" and the rest on the info to see what's involved. I will probably upgrade to Pro in the next few months though.

One question I forgot to ask was the encryption of ADD TO CART button. I did some research and it's impossible, unless, with programming knowledge have it dynamically encrypted but, I am not a programmer. That's waaaaay out of my league.

I did come across this link   http://xlecom.com/?q=node/265

Have you or anybody else, ever heard of it or used/tested it?

Again skier,

Your help is very much appreciated

Thank you

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

As with any computer related subject, there's ALWAYS more than one way to get from Point A to Point B.   The bottom line is what method works best for YOU.   If you find something that works for what you have in mind, go for it.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.