Paypal withholding my money

Adogisforlife
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal have withheld my money for over 21 days. I have contacted them and they have refused to reply, does anyone know how to get my money released and what authorities I can complain to i.e. The Financial Ombudsman

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hey Adogisforlife

Below is some info from the paypal website if its non Ebay you can view the  answer on the paypal website under "why is my payment on hold"

If you have emailed try calling it might be quicker, dont select any options just hold on until you speak to someone

Why is my payment on hold?

Why are my payments for eBay sales pending and how can I prevent this?

Your payment is pending because you’re a relatively new or inexperienced seller on eBay. We want to ensure that buyers are satisfied. By delaying a payment, we’ve time to verify that there are no problems with the transaction. We hope that this will make buyers feel safer and more likely to return and purchase again.

Typically, your payment will be released within 24 hours of your buyer leaving positive feedback, or when:
  • You email/phone us with an online tracking number confirming that the item has been delivered over 3 days ago
  • 21 days pass without a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal being filed on the payment.

Once 90 days have passed since your first eBay sale you’ll receive payments instantly in most cases. In the meantime, here are some things you can do to help get your payments quicker:
  • Process your orders right away
  • Use a postal service that provides you with online tracking information for your package
  • Communicate early and often with buyers and resolve disputes quickly.
Login to Me Too

Weebabz
Contributor
Contributor
Minty1 thanks for sharing this info But......I have done all of the above and I am now into my 29th day and still no funds released! Seems like most expletive are all in the same boat! I'm trying to run a business. People are placing orders with me and i Can't buy in the goods be use I have no money!! It's ridiculous!!!!
Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Weebabz

I understand your frustration I would be peeved too! Have you called them as well as it seems this way is quicker

If you do decide to call(again?) dont select any options just hold on until you speak to someone

Login to Me Too

Weebabz
Contributor
Contributor
No minty1 I refuse to call them. I have paid PayPal for their service I will not run up my phone ill on an international call to waste MY money chasing up someone to get MY money!, Looks like I'm not the only person stuck here. If Only I knew then what I know now! Thanks anyway 🙂
Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

I totally umderstand and agree, you're welcome

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

I totally understand and agree, you're welcome

Login to Me Too

Katey1979

I totaly agree its stupid. how the hell can someone try and earn a bit of money when you can not get to it.

ive got the same issue holding my money. theres no point in this paypal if we can not get the money and buy new stock.

all i can say is paypal what a joke. even though all my customers are happy with there goods and left feedback. 100% feedback rating but no money to show for it. what a waste of time and effort.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.