Chargeback with ebay a month after selling item.

dthartzell
Contributor
Contributor

So about a month ago i sold my laptop and an accessory for the laptop through ebay. Sold the items recieved money was sent to me then i shipped and the person recieved and signed it no issue. The person is now claiming the accessory (which is worth a few hundred dollars). Does not work and is looking at a refund. I checked the product JUST before i shipped it and it worked perfectly fine. I still have the sold listing and tracking # so i know they recieved it and even on the return policy of the listing it says seller does not offer refunds. Under the return details it gave no option to explain how the item worked just before shipping and everything only options to give some sort of refund. I already spent this money and dont have enough in my bank account to refund it. Will paypal take my money from my bank account since its linked and what are my options so im not out a lot of money for an item i shipped in working condition

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dthartzell

A buyer has up to 180 days to file a chargeback.

A chargeback is done via the buyers credit card company and they are the ones that make the decision UNLESS you meant that that the buyer filed a SNAD dispute instead?

Either way the fact it was in good condition when you posted it does not neccessarily mean that it arrived in the same condition.

Also your ''refund policy'' is only for buyer remorse, paypals rules overtake that if the item was misdescribed or arrive SNAD.

If its a paypal dispute then normally a buyer has to return the item first before you have to refund BUT if its a chargeback then they don't normally have to.

Paypal can't help themselves to funds in your bank account so what they do is put your paypal account into negative until you pay them back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.