Buyer raises dispute after 3 months, PP holding funds

John_g
New Community Member

Hi all.. short of time here as the dispute ends tomorrow and I have been to busy to look into it.

My view:

Item(s) brought by seller in July, (he wanted to pay for the items before close of auction on EB, wich he did)

He paid via PP, and, as the items were big I hand delivered them (old restoration project)

Had correspondance from buyer that he was happy with everything.(there were two missing items that I said I would look out for but never found - one I informed him I never had, one I still cant find but was useless condition anyway, as he was told eaerlier on)

3 months on,

Dispute filed, money being held,

The buyer has significantly modified the original items, (and spent money on them) but seems to be asking for a full refund

the outshot is that tomorrow morning I lose £150 and dont have any / all of the items supplied.

help ... this is farcical.. I have been a good PP and EB user for over 10 years..  but will not use PP again I fear

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK firstly you have no seller protection for "collection" items, so its not paypals fault that you rendered yourself ineligable right at the beginning.

I never accept paypal for collection items, having read the rules when i started selling its always "cash on collection" and its the only time on ebay you are allowed to ask for cash. If a buyer pays with paypal i refund them and politely request cash and if they don't want to i cancel the auction.

Secondly the buyer could not have filed a dispute with paypal after 45 days. The request must have been a chargeback via their credit card company and paypal have no control over that. If the c.c. company demands the money back then paypal have to give it to them. However in that instance you would have been protected if you had met the criteria for seller protection..........unfortunately you did not.   Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.