why have i refused refund by paypal on faulty laptop, what ever happened to buyer protection?

mrgazman
Contributor
Contributor

purchased a laptop from ebay on 19th december from ebay,didnt really use it for first few weeks but now ive had nothing but problems with laptop crashing, freezing, blue screening and not booting up, it is clearly faulty but outside ebays 30 day return policy so i opened a case with paypal as i thought i was protected by thier buyer protection,but after approx 2 weeks ive just had message from paypal saying "

After careful consideration, we're unable to decide this claim in your favour at this time."

can anyone help me as its only 12 weeks after purchase so surely i am still within the timeframe to open a case to return a faulty laptop,so no idea why paypal is not honouring my buyer protection.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrgazman

All i can suggest is if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mrgazman
Contributor
Contributor

it was purchased by my visa debit card linked to my account so would i still be able to do a chargeback as its not a credit card but a debit card?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrgazman

That would depend on your card issuer, you would need to contact them and see if they will help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.