canceling payment

Buyaka98
Contributor
Contributor

hi there!! just bought a bike and payed 600£ using sellers mob. no. as it turned out money went to someone elses account who has been employee of the seller and used same (company mob no.) to open pay pal account!! i've sent a refund request with no response and the seller told me he's pretty sure the recipient has passed away recently!! how do i get my money back? any help much apreciated!!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Buyaka98

Well if you are not sure what option you used then go and click on the transaction and click on the resolve a problem link, if you can open a dispute then you paid using goods / services.

Failing that if you  funded that paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Buyaka98

As long as you paid using the goods / services option you can open a dispute for non receipt of item (as that seller has nothing to send you then you should get a refund).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Buyaka98
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks my Cornish scone! Sounds like a good idea! Don’t think i’ve Used g/s opt tho! Just regular money transfer!! Seller did send a transfer cancellation request email to ppal using same mob no.( he still uses) I initially used as a reference to find a receivers account! Is there a hope ......or I’m just doomed and should forget about it and surf it off?
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Buyaka98

Well if you are not sure what option you used then go and click on the transaction and click on the resolve a problem link, if you can open a dispute then you paid using goods / services.

Failing that if you  funded that paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Buyaka98
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there! Chargeback was a revelation! Just got all my money back from the bank(: Thanks a bunch for all Your help You lil legend!!!! Xxx
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Buyaka98

Really pleased for you, its the reason I help out on here  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.