absent payment

cft123
Contributor
Contributor

I've had some money debited from my bank and the payee is paypal but its not showing on paypal account so can't find out who it's gone to?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cft123

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your paypal account then of course it won't show on your paypal account.

However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement as you would have paid as a 'guest buyer'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cft123
Contributor
Contributor
Yes but I have no knowledge of an order for the amount it was and no email confirmation so trying to track who took payment.
Login to Me Too

RASW
Contributor
Contributor

I have an entry on my credit card: "PAYPAL *G Corner   35314369001  £6.95" The credit card was not even known to Paypal at that date, and no entry on my Paypal a/c. I sent an email on the subject, got an automated reply suggesting ring 0800 358 7911, but this uses machine dialogue, so you go round in circles. Credit card Support (live person!) gave me an authorisation code:T64174. How do I resolve this?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RASW

Did you read my post above?

If you buy something online with a card and you don't sign into paypal AND the card is not linked to paypal then you are not using paypal to pay are you.

However the SELLER may use Paypals 'card reader' to process your card payment so paypal will then appear on your card statement as they processed the payment for the seller. You don't know she used paypal until you see it on your statement but as you paid as a 'guest buyer' it won't show on your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RASW
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your support. I have finally discovered what happened. I found a product by searching online (hexagonal spindle), but it said via eBay. I bought online, entering my credit card number (I was not even registered with eBay at the time). The supplier sent me the spindle. The legend "G Corner" refers to their shop, which I did not know existed and certainly have never visited! So the "Pay pal Reader" you mentioned would seem also to exist as a virtual concept. The end result is that I receive a statement entry  with legend "PAYPAL *G Corner", that means nothing to me as account owner, nor to Master card, nor to Pay pal!  Not a brilliant audit trail, but fortunately I rang the supplier up in Yorkshire, and the lady who answered the phone traced the sale on the ledger, given the amount, name and date. So the moral of the story is remember what you buy, price and date, and if you get stuck, ring the supplier. She sounded really nice too!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.