Wowcamera

tommmmmmmm9
New Community Member

So I bought a phone for £509 from wowcamera and after reading a lot of bad reviews online I am really scared. I'm going to see if it comes or not and if it's as described, and if not what do I do?  67% out of 100 people are saying this site is bad. Please help. This is a lot of money and I need to know what to do if the item is not right. A lot of people said they recieved a faulty phone and spoke to wowcamera and they said they will fix it if the buyer sends the product to Holland. Then the site is saying that they haven't recieved it..

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

If you purchase something and you either do not receive it or it is not as described you can open a dispute via the resolution Centre on your PayPal account.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Clatyn
Contributor
Contributor
Did you receive your phone from wowcamera?
Login to Me Too

StephnSeby
Contributor
Contributor

Also wondering if you got a positive outcome in the end??

I'm strongly considering buying a Samsung S8 from wowcamera, the price seems decent enough and claims to have UK warranty. Initial email communication seems ok but you can never be too careful.

Login to Me Too

StephnSeby
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone?? I ended up biting the bullet and ordering an S8, from my research it seemed the only cheaper retailers where selling stock from China, whereas I want a local warranty. The other local retailers I've heard of wanted an extra £60 so I thought it was worth a go. Paypal, if this phone doesn't arrive I'll be putting in a claim! I'll update on here either way.

Login to Me Too

Clatyn
Contributor
Contributor
I ended up getting mine from eGlobal. Didn't realise about warrenty. Took about 10 days to arrive (tracked all the way). It comes with an adapter to use the charger. Apart from that it's an excellent service and phone. I'll use eGlobal again. Please respond with your wow camera experience. At least then others will know. Have a good weekend....
Login to Me Too

StephnSeby
Contributor
Contributor

I considered eglobal but their email response was dodgy English at best and they mentioned it would be their warranty rather than Samsungs. The phone arrived yesterday, so it took 6 days in total including the weekend. I haven't had a chance to set it all up yet, but everything looks in order and its definitely EU stock so I'll have no issues going to Samsung if there's ever any faults. Glad you also had a good experience and hopefully nothing goes wrong that requires the warranty in the first place!

Login to Me Too

goodmanhere

Hey there, some more reviews about this website: 

https://www.ekomi.co.uk/review-wowcameracom.html

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.