Unclear terms

Roy-S
New Community Member

Does any one else think that PAYPALS FAQ should actually state that there is a fee to send money to family if you account is linked to a charge/credit card?  The terms explicitly state that's the case if you send money abroad but just simply don't mention a credit card when they talk about it being free to send money to friend and family in the UK.

I think they should change that so it states that yoy will be charged if your account is linked to a credit card (and its used) even if you are sending money to friedns and family in the UK. 

Quote from the FAQ

Sending money – Personal payments:

There are no fees, within the UK, to send money in Pounds Sterling, to family and friends when you use your PayPal balance, debit card or bank account (or a combination of those) where no currency conversion is involved.

There is a fee to send money as a personal payment, to people resident outside of the UK, where the payment is funded in full or in part using a debit card or credit card. The fee is 3.4% plus 20p of the amount you send. For example, if you send £100.00 GBP funded by debit or credit card, the fee would be £3.60 GBP (£3.40 GBP + 20p).

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Roy-S

They state its free if you use.

1. Paypal balance.

2. Debit card.

3. Bank account.

If a credit card is not on the list of options most folks would realise that you would be charged.

Secondly before you send a personal payment paypal tells you any fee BEFORE you click to send, so if you don't want to pay a fee just don't send that payment.

Also if you go to FEES in the user agreement it clearly states  >>

A1.1 Domestic Personal Transaction payment Fees

Fee for payment fully or partially funded by
- Debit Card (other than where the payment is in GBP between UK registered Accounts); and/or
- Credit Card.

3.4% + Fixed Fee

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.