Trouble

crayven
Contributor
Contributor

Ok...I have created my account, I have confirmed my e-mail address and all that stuff.
Now I have to LINK my debit card.

"We will charge you 1.5 euros and you will get a code"

IT'S BEEN A MONTH for crying out loud and I have stressed out the bank teller at my local branch EVERY BLOODY DAY and she keeps telling me there is NO transaction and NO code.
What..the **bleep**...is this?

Has anyone have trouble like this?
I just want to link my **bleep** card.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@crayven

You added the card yes?

Did you go back to your wallet and click on ''confirm card''....yes?

Only if you didn't then you need to actually go click on that and then the code is sent.

Also what country are you in / do you have that countries paypal account / are you adding that countries card to that paypal account?

And can you lose the bleeps, there is no need to swear at us.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

crayven
Contributor
Contributor
OK look
I added two cards:
An EURO one and a local currency one. Both unverified by this code thingie.
The EURO one is a MasterCard and the local currency is a Wireless VISA card.

The MasterCard just sits there - I don't even have the option to 'activate" it. The VISA card I have asked for the verification code ( that comes with the 1.5 eur transaction ).

Question 1;
How long does it take for this code to arrive?
Last time I tried this was over a month and I got nothing.

Question 2:
Why can't I do the same thing for the EURO card?

Question 3:
How can I activate the EURO card if I am not given even an option to ask for a verification code?
Login to Me Too

crayven
Contributor
Contributor
I clicked "Confirm card" but there is no point to it until I receive my code.
So I guess right now I have one unverified card ( the local currency one - RON ) and the EUR card that I cannot even verify or ask to be verified.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@crayven

ok you are posting on the UK forum but talking about cards in another currency so what country are you actually in and what currency is that country?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

crayven
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Alright, I had no idea the forum is split by country so I just posted in frustration *anywhere* asking for some clarification because I am at my wits end.
I'm from Romania, I have two debit cards: One for RON - local currency and one for EUR.

I need help linking these cards to this account. Because following the standard procedure is not working.
In fact I wrote above what the problem is.

If you're an admin move my thread to the appropriate section - I don't care as long as I get help to solve my problem.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@crayven

Gosh no I am not admin, I have nothing to do with paypal.

However whilst it does not matter what board you post on it IS important to say what country you are in as advice is country specific.

So not saying you were NOT in the UK would waste a lot of time and lead to you getting the wrong advice.

Anyway............as i said paypal is country specific so you can ONLY add banks or cards issued in your own country to that countries paypal account.

In Romania you can add cards as per link below but I don't think euro is your currency is it? So you would have to add a card that does have your currency linked to it.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

crayven
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Ok hold on, so even if I have an EUR debit card for eurozone use, I cannot link it to my PayPal account because it's not my native currency?
It would be like a brit trying to link an USD debit card, it's not his native currency but surely it can be done right?

I did not know it was country specific , and you did not ask initially, so I did not deign to mention my country of origin. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.