Transferring money from a Canadian bank to a British bank

HollyAdomah_1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Someone will be transferring money to my British bank account from a Canadian one. I would like to know how long it would take for that to happen once the transfer has been actioned. Also, if the person has converted it to sterling, would that affect the timeframe? Thanks!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HollyAdomah_1

What has that got to do with Paypal if its a bank to bank transfer?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HollyAdomah_1
Contributor
Contributor
Well, I just want to know the time frame of how long it would take for it to reach my account if it was done via PayPal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HollyAdomah_1

But you didn't mention Paypal you said it was a bank to bank transfer??

However if you mean that someone is going to fund a paypal payment to you FROM their bank account and then you are going to click on 'withdraw funds' and send it to your bank account then that would depend on many factors.

1. If the sender has a back up card linked to their paypal account then their bank transfer would be credited by paypal to your paypal balance normally within a couple of hours UNLESS they send it as a payment and you are a new seller then you would be subject to the new seller hold.

2. They would need to send in sterling unless you have their currency as a receiving currency on your paypal account (then you would have to convert the funds before you withdraw them).

3. Withdrawals to UK bank accounts are from 2-72 hours normally.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.