need advice on a buyer

tonycyprus
New Community Member

hello.  

a buyer in ebay has bought a guitar. the guitar is only worth £25.  The buyer is based in Zambia, and has PO box as address.    

Initially i estimated the postage at £42 which buyer paid immediately.  But due to packaging, the price went up to £50 postage. i informed him and he paid the extra.

He seemed genuine though initially did say he was having difficulty with his payment his end. 

anyway, due to different factors (like his zip code within Zambia, and the fact that Covid is affecting the local post office) i then had to recalculate and  got a final packaging price of £75 (from the UK)....£25 more than he has already paid. 

As i thought he'd be upset i offered the buyer a refund. But he has told me he is happy to pay this amount.   

It seems ludicrous that he is happy to pay three times value of guitar in postage. I have asked him if he cannot buy a guitar in Zambia....!

Is this buyer genuine? or could there be some scam possibly going on here?

I am worried slightly, that once i have posted the item the money paid by buyer will be taken back

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tonycyprus 

Are the funds actually SHOWING in your paypal account balance or is he just 'saying' that he will pay?

If so post back for the ''tracking scam''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.