PayPal does nothing free, so why should we?

pragmatic
Contributor
Contributor

It is PayPal corporate harassment to impose the dark blue box below every PayPal page telling us to click to "yes to accept cookies". It offers no other option to decline. It claims to do us a favor by "customizing" our experience and other bait and switch claims.  I never want and need to suffer the intrusions of any ad cookies for which PayPal is collecting ad space fees. I pay generous fees for every transaction using PayPal. PayPal gives us customers nothing for free.  It should not use us to increase its profit for free.  I know exactly when, where, why and how much I will spend on my terms. I have never needed nor been influenced by any ad cookies. I am not the millions of consumer sheep who need to be told how to think, what to eat, what to wear to fit in with other sheep. I am perfectly skilled at locating desirable services and products at bargain prices my way. PayPal is accommodating ad cookies for a fee. I should not be forced to view those ads for free.

If PayPal is willing to compensate me for accepting being hustled with cookie ads, then I may cooperate. If using PayPal is never free, then why should PayPal expect me to further enrich their assets for free?  PayPal's marketing team assumes most of its customers are as shallow as puddles. PayPal does not need to "customize my experience"; just needs to respect my option of clicking to reject cookies when I sign into PayPal. I do not use PayPal for entertainment, social chit chats, or a shopping source.  I may accept ad cookies on other websites if providing me with free services. PayPal provides no free services. I owe it nothing more than just using it to pay fees. PayPal's ongoing incessant pressure to accept cookies under some lame rationale assumes a majority of its customers are intellectual sloths. Consumers, paying fees for services and products, should do and give nothing free to any for-profit business, unless the favors are reciprocated - quid pro quo.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

FedModels
Contributor
Contributor

Don't know of any issues except the **bleep** cookies bar you folks put there months back. Is it company policy to annoy the **bleep** out of your users?

I joined Paypal about 6 months after the company was formed and really don't appreciate your actions. I  DON'T WANT YOUR COOKIES OR YOUR PERSONALIZED ADS!  

That should be obvious to you by now.

Please remove the blue bar.

Login to Me Too

FedModels
Contributor
Contributor

I see I have now earned a "badge" for my compliant posted above, Who the **bleep** cares??  The "Give the Puppy a Bone" approach sucks as much as the **bleep** cookie bar and their policy.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.