Can't Decline Popup Requesting Permission to Use Cookies to Send Ads

artgal
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I started getting a popup when I login asking to give PayPal permission to use cookies to send personalized ads. Is this something I can decline? If so, I can't find a way to decline permission or even to close the intrusive popup that appears across the bottom of the webpage. The only option is a button that says "Yes, I Agree".

Can anyone help with this? It looks like this..

artgal_0-1593896241167.png

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Frescos
New Community Member

I have the same problem in both chrome and firefox. It makes for an unpleasant user experience.  

Login to Me Too

padaco
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not understanding what PayPal's trying to do with their cookie pop-up... so it says "We’ll use cookies to improve and customize your experience if you continue to browse. Is it OK if we also use cookies to show you personalized ads?" but there's no button to say "No", just "Yes, Accept Cookies".

There's a "Learn more and manage your cookies" link in the blurb, and clicking that shows that I have personalized ad cookies unchecked (disabled). However, there's no button to click to say "accept current settings" (indicating that checking/unchecking the boxes automatically saves them), and clicking the X button at the top right just closes the settings window but doesn't make the pop-up go away.

So it appears that PayPal is intentionally (or unwittingly) forcing the "accept cookies" pop-up on us unless we accept personalized ad cookies... which is obnoxious or invasive, but contradictory to them having a settings page with a checkbox for personalized ad cookies. Is PayPal being intentionally deceptive here, or do they just not understand what they're doing?

If you know how to get the pop-up to go away while having personalized ad cookies disabled, I'd love to know, because they appear to be giving me the option to do that but not actually allowing me to finalize that option.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.