help what are the pay pal fees

tillytrots
Contributor
Contributor

Hi where can I find the cost of fee's for sellers on ebay as I can not find any anywhere.  In fact all I could find was a list saying pay pal is free.  If it is 20p per item and then a percentage on top of ebay fee's surely it is not worth the bother?

Tillytrots 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The paypal fees are spelled out in the Paypal User Agreement.

Standard rate is 2.9% plus 30 cents for usa accounts.

8.2 Domestic Payments in U.S. Dollars. This applies when both the sender and recipient are in the United States, and the payment is in U.S. Dollars.

a.  Domestic Personal Payments in U.S. Dollars. Activity  Payment Method  Personal Payment Fee
Sending or receiving*Exclusively Balance or bank accountFree
Other, including a fully or partially funded payment
by credit or debit card, or PayPal Credit.
2.9% + $0.30 USD
*Sender generally determines whether the sender or recipient pays the Fee. See Section 8.1(b).

b.  Domestic Purchase Payments in U.S. Dollars.

Activity Purchase Payment Fee
Sending (buying)Free
Receiving (selling) Standard rate:2.9% + $0.30 USD
Merchant rates*:Monthly Sales Volume:

$0.01 - $3,000.00
$3,000.01 - $10,000.00
$10,000.01 - $100,000.00
Over $100,000.00
Fee:

2.9% + $0.30 USD
2.5% + $0.30 USD
2.2% + $0.30 USD
1.9% + $0.30 USD
Nonprofit rates**:  

Monthly Donation Volume:

$0.01 - $100,000.00
Over $100,000.00
Fee:

2.2% + $0.30
1.9% + $0.30
*To qualify for our Merchant rates you must submit a one-time application, have qualifying monthly sales volume, and have an Account in good standing.
** Nonprofit rates are only available for registered charities with 501(c)(3) status.

8.3 Domestic Payments in a Foreign Currency. When both the sender and recipient are in the United States, but the payment is in a currency other than U.S. Dollars, then the Fees above shall apply with the following change: The $0.30 USD fixed fee portion of the Fees above will be replaced by the fixed fee of the currency of the payment as described in Section 8.4(c) below.

8.4 International Payments. The following Fees apply when either the sender or recipient is outside the United States.

a. International Personal Payments. The Fee is based on the country of the recipient:
Activity Country Personal Payment Fee when Payment Method is exclusively Balance or bank Personal Payment Fee when another Payment Method is used to fully or partially fund the payment, including a credit or debit card, or PayPal Credit
Sending or receiving*Australia1%  3.4% + Fixed Fee**
Brazil1%7.4% + Fixed Fee**
Canada, sending only0%2.9% + Fixed Fee**
Canada, receiving only1%2.9% + Fixed Fee**
China0.5%3.9% + Fixed Fee**
Germany2%3.9% + Fixed Fee**
Hong Kong0.5%3.9% + Fixed Fee**
Singapore0.5%3.9% + Fixed Fee**
Taiwan0.5%3.9% + Fixed Fee**
Elsewhere0.5%3.9% + Fixed Fee**
* Sender generally determines whether the sender or recipient pays the Fee. See Section 8.1(b).
** See Section 8.4(c) below for detailed list of fixed fees for international payments. 

Link to user agreement https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&fli=true&loc.... Fees.

Login to Me Too

Jessicawaylon
New Community Member

WoW Yeah.Absolutly no worth the bother.  It seams to me that ebay (who owns Paypal) is really sticking it to anyone using their site. I just saw thatThey not only charge ebay final value fees but also shipping fees as a seller and recieving fees on paypal which the US is the highest rate plus a random $0.30 for some unkown greedy reason. It is ridiculous and I am officially ending my  business with the company. It used to be great but they just got too greedy! I say to everyone...."leave now or atleast never have anyone pay you through paypal!"

Very upset

Jessica

Login to Me Too

crafy-lady
Contributor
Contributor

I just realized that on top of Ebay final value fees, PayPal is charging 2.9% plus 30 cents! This must be new because I didn't notice charging me so much before. I have been selling and buying on Ebay since 2002! When did this happen and why? I really don't think its worth selling on ebay and accepting payment through PayPal any more. I'm going to have to investigate another easy way to get paid. These fees are just not worth it!

Not only that but I had a problem with someone not sending me an item and PayPay said there was nothing they could do....what is that about? Now, I am out $50.00 to Wireless Oem, apparently I'm not the only one that got taken by that company. Arent we supposed to be protected by PayPal for this sort of thing. Well, we are not being protected so I don't know why they are charging such high fees.

Login to Me Too

jenny88
New Community Member

Paypal didn't require a fee for sending money in the past.  Why has that changed?

Login to Me Too

crafy-lady
Contributor
Contributor

They don't charge for sending money just receiving it. They charge 2.9% plus 30 cents! Which can really add up fast and if you don't sell things for very much money, after postage Ebay fees and PayPal fees, you could be making no money or ending up paying more than you received! It's happened to me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.