Submitting evidence on a case that is ''being investigated by PayPal''

JazzMc
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know how or IF i can submit evidence to paypal after the status of a ongoing dispute is ''being investigated by paypal''. The reason being is the person who I am having teh dispute with has openly admitted that they didn't send the item (via ebay message). I see no option to send screenshots or evidence on the case details, can anybody help? Also, are paypal allowed to look at my ebay messages? The reason being is I do not want PayPal to think that the evidence is forged in anyway if I were to take a screenshot and send it to them I would rather they be able to see the raw mail that was sent to me. Thanks for any response in advance.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

In the event of an item not received dispute the seller has to provide paypal with a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to you and if they don't then you should get a refund.

That of course if if you met the criteria for buyer protection ie bought a physical item and paid in one instalment etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JazzMc
Contributor
Contributor

But the goods being sold were ''digital goods'' therefore they didn't use tracked delivery. Does this mean I will definitely get my money back?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No because there is no buyer protection for digital or virtual goods.

So if the seller does not refund or does not have funds in his paypal account balance that paypal can access then you won't be refunded by paypal under their buyer protection scheme.

If he does refund you or does have funds in his paypal account balance that paypal can access you may be lucky. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JazzMc
Contributor
Contributor

I know the guy HAD the funds taken out of his account because he admitted he didn't send the item to me when the funds got removed and pleaded with me that I send him the money and he will deliver the item. Is there no way I can contact paypal and give them evidence?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Click on the words "Contact us" at the bottom of paypal pages > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.