Fraud and Being Stupid

Philip17
New Community Member

I was looking for a Beats By Dre Solo HD on Ebay this afternoon. So, I went to get a little search on google but then I didn't find an online store that accepts paypal payment for the item. I got an idea of going to ebay and so I did. I found this seller having his beats by dre in auction but I bought it will full exact price. I was happy after that but then this thought popped out of nowhere that I might have bought a fake headphones. So I did a little research and found this particular video in youtube that defines the difference between the fake and real once about the headphones. I was scared and worried, and I went to take a look at the picture of the item that I just bought and realized that It was fake. 

The condition is New:  A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable). Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag. 

So, I expected that the item was authentic but it turned out not.

What should I do? Please give me some advices before the item is shipped.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can contact the seller and tell them that you think the item may be fake and either to send you a refund or if they refuse and send the item then you will be reporting them to trading standards for selling fake goods.

If that doesn't work then try and get proof they are fake first then file for item received but not as described via the resolution tab in your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.